I had a really good visit to our College Nursery last week. What a great team we have there, led very ably by Nursery Manager Julie Comerford.
It was also good to see our Site Officers Peter Bax and John Gale putting the finishing touches to some improvements previously highlighted in the Blog.
I like the way that good behaviour and being ready to learn is encouraged. Every youngster starts each day on the Green smiley face and only slips to Amber or Red if they misbehave. I rather like the idea of daily redemption!
I thought it might also be instructive to see some little known facts about the Nursery:
· We accept children from 3 months to 5 years old.
· The nursery is open for 42 weeks of the year including the three half terms.
· The nursery is open from 08.00-18.00
· Buttercup Room 0-2 years old, Daisy Room 2-3 years old, Bluebell Room 3-4 years old
· At the moment the nursery has children with 17 different home languages
· We work closely with other agencies e.g. Local Authority Early years childcare and Play team, CYPIT, Children’s Social Care, Child development Centre Team and liaise with local schools.
· We follow The Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum which begins at birth and follows the child to Key Stage 1
· We accept 2 year Old Funded Children and also 3 and 4 Year Old Funded Children
· We will be offering 30 Hours Funding from September
· We have a very simple to use, online bill payment system – bills are payable monthly and sent at the beginning of each month, to be paid within 10 days